Friday, May 8, 2015

Altered Starbucks bottle... a mixed media project

Hi and welcome to my blog!  We are enjoying a beautiful  sunny day here , although the it's still quite cool... but soon we will be enjoying the lazy days of summer!!!! Many parts of the world may be enjoying flowers in bloom , but not us unfortunately... so I guess I will just have to make my own May flowers! I have a few of these Starbucks Frappuccino bottles just waiting to be altered. Here is what I started out with.....




I covered the entire bottle with some Gesso and then started layering  with texture and colours .......





 
 
 I watered down my Prima chalkboard paints and then spritzed them as I applied them to the bottle. I did the same thing with my spray inks, until I achieved the desired look. I love the vintage shabby look of these colors together. Next I dug through my stash for bits and pieces of lace, leaves, wooden accents.... really anything that I thought would look good !



 
There's a bit of everything here.... some stamping, stencilling, inking.....and of course lots and lots of flowers!!! The tag was made from a Prima journaling pad. I stamped this beautiful sentiment from Flourish stamps and added a few flatbacked pearls and attached it with a mini clothespin.
 
 

 
 
Here is a closeup of some of the stamping and stencilling that I used. Most of my flowers were from Prima and the lace is actually cut from a 3 inch lace trim I received as a free gift from a recent order... I cut random sections and coloured it with some watered down chalkboard paint ( SeaBreeze). The chipboard sections were made with my Cricut Explore from a Morroccan cutfile I found online. A few buttons, some twine, a metal flower and bling and this project is finished!!!


Im entering this bottle over at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for their May Flowers challenge.


I'm also entering this over at Anything But Cute mixed media challenge blog for their first challenge!!!! Yay!! .... another great blog dedicated to all those great mixed media styles ( Thanks Pamellia!!!) . OMG... so much talent from the DT.... love it!!!

Here's the current challenge...







 
 
I hope you enjoyed my little project and thank you  for visiting my blog today!!
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Wow Candy, what a gorgeous transformation!! I really need to pick up some of those chalk paints, they look amazing!! I really love your flower arrangement and that dragonfly is such a great addition!! You should enter this into our "Vintage Garden" challenge over at Anything But Cute Mixed Media Challenges. hugs :)

    http://anythingbutcutechallenge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy, I was so excited to see your thumbnail at Anything But Cute...gave me an excuse to come visit you again!! I checked my local craft store yesterday and found some chalk paint, so I picked up a container!! Thanks for the inspiration! Can't wait to use it!

      I really do love your bottle, Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Vintage Garden' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Pamellia! I'm going to check the blog out ... love finding these great challenge blogs- so much inspiration !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! What a gorgeous transformation! Love all the textures, colors and beautifully arranged flowers and all other elements!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute Vintage Garden Challenge!
    Hugs :)
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at Starbucks bottle! My favorite coffee, yummy! This altered bottle is fantabulous and splendidly painted. Isn't chalky paint fun? I agree with you about the colors and your stamping brings depth to this piece. Love the lace and bits and bobs! Awesome sauce!

    Thanks for joining in our first challenge, "Vintage Garden", at Anything But Cute! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous transformation. I love chalky finish paint and your resulting colour is terrific. I also love all the bits and pieces you added to make a very shabby bottle. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use something you might otherwise have thrown in the recycling bin. And a fab transformation using all kinds of supplies. Very inspirational! I'm headed for my recycling bin.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful altered bottle! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a stunning project! Love it! Such a great colour choice too! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your altered bottle!! I love chalkpaint - I haven't used it on glass before - love to see how it worked so well!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the use of the chalkboard paint on the bottle. Beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great altered bottle. Thanks for the tutorial - I want to try this! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
    http://www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your Honourable Mention award at Anything But Cute! This is such a fabulous project, we hope to see more of your work in the future! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Pamellia and the DT at Anything But Cute for the honorable mention.... can't wait to play along with the next challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what a fantastic bottle alteration
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete