Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mixed Media card and Mojo Monday

Hi all! This week over at Mojo Monday its contest time ( yay!!) and they have a fun sketch , as always, to get your creative mojo going. This week's sketch is brought to you by Julee Tillman , here it is:

 
As if this sketch isn't enough to get your mojo going, the DT have some great samples posted in the first seven entries, plus soooo many great submissions are already  up for your viewing pleasure!!
 
Here's my take on the sketch:
 
 

 
 
I'm really loving the mixed media style right now..... it's just so much messy fun playing with inks, gesso and all the other awesome products out there!!!
I started off with a floral card base, added a bit of chicken wire stencil and then added my layers. Instead of a strip of paper as per the sketch, I used a large frame , with I inked and stamped using Tim Holtz stamp pads and music script stamp. The flowers were made with my Cricut and were inked with more TH sprays. The butterfly was fussy cut from a small tag. The buttons, and lace  and metal corner tag are from my stash. Finally, to finish off this card I created a smaller mat , inked it up and stamped flowers and the sentiment from Verve 's Hope Blooms set. A splattering of watered down gesso over the entire surface completes this card!!
 
 
So that's my card ....  hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This is just absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete