Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Felt Fall Banner

Good morning bloggers! Fall is here ( officially it arrived this past weekend, but I'm late posting!!!!!! ) - it's my favorite season! I love all those gorgeous colors and the crisp days and how about all those fab fall décor ideas ????  I saw a cute little banner on Pinterest ( my go-to place for just about everything these days!!) , which was made by BoBunny fabrics, I think (. Click here to see my pin.) Since I didn't have any of the super cute fabric I had to make do with what I could find in my stash and here's my take on the banner....


 
 
I cut letters on my Silhouette on scrap cardstock first - couldn't get my machine to successfully cut felt- and then traced on felt and handcut them out. I used the Art Philosophy for the banner shapes and repeated the same cut-trace steps for the felt base, and all the shapes but I was with my  able to cut the fabric with my Cricut. The leaves, except the first one, are also from the same cartridge and the owl is from Give a Hoot. I added a little stitching to the banner base and shapes with X- stitching floss , which really finishes them up. The buttons and flowers are all from my stash as well as the eyelets ( ohhh, haven't used my eyelet setter in ages!!!!) and the hemp twine is from Walmart.
 This was a fun and fairly simple project to make .... I'm already thinking of ideas for a winter banner.
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today... have a great day!!
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment