Monday, November 5, 2012

Gift bag topper Tutorial

Hi all! I thought I'd post how I made my custom sized topper for  giftbags. The gift bag that used was a kraft bag ( from Walmart) that measured 6.5X3" and was 9" high. You can adapt these instructions to fit just about any size gift bag.

Supplies used:
cardstock - 8.5X11 was used for this project
patterned paper for decorating
scoring tool /bone folder
paper trimmer
strong adhesive - I used the red sticky tape
Exacto knife and ruler

 This is so super easy!!!! Just a few simple steps.......



 
Trim cardstock to 7X10.5". If you have a smaller or larger szed bag , then measure the base and add 2" to each side ( or less if you want it to be smaller). Score at 2' on all sides. Score all corners at diagonal, as indicated in the pic above. If you wish, you can use a border punch on the outside edges .. just start at the 2" score line.
 
 

With your ruler and Exacto knife, cut two slots for the handles.  Then fold the corners inward. I added sticky tape to the inside , and the outside of the corner to make sure it stayed stuck together.


Once you've folded and adhered all the corners, it should look like this! Simple, huh?

Now comes the fun part, let your imagination take over and decorate your giftbag topper!! Here's mine....

 
 
I stamped the bag with CTMH 's Ornamental Cheer set and made a matching ornament tag with my Cricut and Art Philosophy for the topper. The ribbon and dp are from my stash of leftovers.
 
I hope you've enjoyed this quick tutorial...I'd love to see your creations- email me a link to what you've made!!
Thanks for stopping by today...... have a wonderful rest of your day!!
 

1 comment: