Thursday, June 11, 2015

Be happy layout

Hi and welcome to my blog. Summer is just around the corner ( for us , anyways!!) and I can't wait for lazy days spent camping and relaxing on the beach.  Often my paper crafting gets ignored while I'm busy enjoying the short summer that we get here in NFLD. So today , while I'm still dreaming of those long hot days, I have a layout to share with you. I used the fabulous sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches blog for my inspiration. Laura always designs such great sketches that are sure to get your creative mojo going. Take a look at the current sketch:




 
 
I'm combining this sketch with the current challenge at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog who are celebrating their one year birthday!!  I only found this blog recently but I'm so glad I did!! Lots of fun challenges and tons of inspiration.... stop by and give the DT some blog love!!!
 
 
 
 
Here's my layout based on Stuck?!Sketches and MMMC#13 challenge .......
 
 
 
 
I used papers from an older paper collection I've had - I think it's a Recollection collection, but i'm not sure. The banner and elements are from Authentique Harmony collection. For MMC, I'm using a couple of past challenges... around The House( burlap and sewing) and May Flowers ( umm, flowers!!) and stamps- the splatters are actually from a Stampin' Up! set called Gorgeous Grunge. Love ,love that stamp set!! Of course, I had to add a few Prima flowers and this page is done!! Well, almost.... behind the photo ,I created a pocket for some hidden journaling which I've yet to add!
 
Well , that's my layout, hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great page, love the texture that the burlap and flowers add! So glad you joined us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layering and embellishing! Love the burlap! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What a Beautiful Layout! Have a Creative Weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love the colors and burlap! Thanks for joinind us at Stuck?! this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! I really like the papers you have used and how you embellishments pull it all together. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty page, great colours. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous page! great layering of those pretty papers. i always need a sketch when i'm scrapbooking, they're just so helpful! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete