Friday, May 8, 2015

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 ... May tag

Hi and welcome to my blog. I have another post to share with you today..... two in one day,yay!!! This one is for my 12 Tags of 2015 . When I first attempted to make my own version of the tags I was so nervous... they look so complicated ! Tim makes it look easy.... and with the beautiful samples he creates , I am totally hooked!!!! Here is the current may tag and a link( click here)  to the step by step tutorial....




12 Tags of 2015 - May | www.timholtz.com
 
 
You know what my favorite thing about this tag is.... the burlap!! Love that element for a tag, plus all those ephemera pieces. I dug out my inks, burlap, ribbon and my TH goodies to make my very own nostalgic themed tag.......
 
 
 
 
 
I don't have the Photobooth package but as luck would have it , I found a vintage photo in the Thrift Shop ephemera pack!!! I used the technique in TH tutorial to add my burlap to my tag, stencilling and coloring  and to tint my pic . After I added all my embellishments , I tinted my seambinding ribbon with Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst spray in Cocklebells Coral. The flowers are a combination of a couple of handmade ones and a pair of mini roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.
 Another tag completed!!!! Cant wait for the June tag!!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.... have a great day!
 

2 comments: