Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Shabby Chic -mixed media card

Hi and welcome to my blog. I love the look of shabby chic especially when its combined with mixed media techniques/styles. Most of my projects these day are a blending of these two and this card is no exception. I had some beautiful floral papers leftover from a previous project , and after distressing, stencilling, etc, I came up with this card......



 
 
 
I used a grid stencil with some Prima Modeling Paste and the stamped chicken wire (Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany)  on the base. For a bit more texture I added a bit of cheesecloth and then started layering my flowers ( Prima , Wild Orchid Crafts, Petaloo). I had the butterfly cut already ( Silhouette cutfile)  and the ribbon and hemp twine are from my stash. The twig is leftover from my son's diorama project.... anything left in my craftroom is not safe from me!!! The banner sentiment and floral papers were from a kit I purchased at Frosted Designs.
 
 
I'm entering this card over at The Mixed Media Challenge for their flowers challenge. Here's the inspiration photo and info:
 

HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by April 25, 11:55 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
6. We'll announce the winner and highlights on April 30.
 
Adding a basket to your card was the optional element, which I opted not to use , although I may have to make another card with this element.
 
That's my card for today... thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your card looks amazing! All the beautiful, layered details really catch the eye.
    Thank you for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! the details are so amazing :) I can keep looking at this beauty. Thank you for sharing with MMCC

    ReplyDelete