Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mojo Monday: a Tall and Skinny card

Hi and welcome to my blog. This week over at Mojo Monday they have a Tall and Skinny card sketch to play along with. This wonderful sketch is brought to you by the very talented Julee Tilman
 
 
The first size is 3.5 x 5.5" and fits a regular A2 envelope with a little room left over to let something (like the circle in this sketch) hang off the 3.5" side. You can use either of the following measurements, depending on where you want your fold.
  • 3.5 x 11" cut of cardstock, score long side at 5.5"
  • 5.5 x 7" cut of cardstock, score long side at 3.5"
For a little more skinny, you can try a 3.5 x 6" card to fit a regular No. 6 3/4 envelope (the ones that are about the size of a personal check).  Use either of the following measurements, depending on where you want your fold.
  • 3.5 x 12" cut of cardstock, score long side at 6"
  • 6 x 7" cut of cardstock, score long side at 3.5"

I used the 3.5 X6 size card for something different ( my cards tend to be 6X6" )... here's my card:


 
 
I used a few new goodies I got from my recent Blitzy order to create this sympathy card. I got a few new background stamps from Bo Bunny ( Geometric Patterns & Distressed Textures stamps)  and Tim Holtz (Mixed Media  stamps) which I used to create to background, along with some new Color Shine ( Bronzer & Mint) ink sprays from Heidi Swapp . The sentiment is from Verve Stamps set called Forever In Our Hearts. I created the hearts using some leftover paper and Stampin Up! trio blossom flower punch. Everything was distressed and inked up and a few Prima Sugar Dots and MME faux wood dots were added to finish this card.
 
That's my Mojo card... thanks for stopping by my blog!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment