Friday, January 23, 2015

Mixed media birthday card

Hi and welcome to my blog.  I'm still working on building up my birthday card stash and the current sketch over at Cardabilities inspired my mixed media style birthday card. I used a bit of everything for this card .... Prima chalkboard paints, Petaloo flowers, Heidi Swapp  and Stampin' Up! stamps and whatever else I could find!

Here's the sketch:





Here's my take on the sketch:




 
 
I have a bunch of plain ole chipboard tags tucked away in a drawer. They are the perfect base for chalkboard paint- the paint goes on smooth and evenly and dries quickly. I used Eggshell for this tag and then stamped a woodgrain stamp ( Impression Obsession) in CTMH Desert Sand ink.... it shows better in RL. I stamped a piece of orange scrap paper with  a Heidi Swapp background  script stamp and the splats are a Stampin' Up! stamp ( Gorgeous Grunge) . I then added layers of Petaloo flowers , sequins and a metal flourish which I painted with Golden chalkboard paint and a bit of Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass . The leaves on the right are a die from , the buttons are from my stash and the Happy Birthday was made using a fun little gadget I've had for ages , but for the life of me, I have no idea what it's called!!!
 That's my card... hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is fabulous, I love all the flowers, great birthday card . Thank you so much for using our sketch at Cardabilities. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Thank you for joining us at the Cardabilities. Ilona

    ReplyDelete