Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy thoughts for your birthday

Hi and welcome to my blog! It's been awhile since I lasted posted..... almost a month! The kids started back to school at the beginning of the month  and a few days later I had a mini vacation visiting my sister in law across the country! I started a new project for me, wreath making, and it turned out that I made and sold several of them! Here's a sample of one I made....

 
I made eight of these and a bunch of fall and Halloween wreaths! That left little time for papercrafting!!! I have a whole bunch of scrap goodies that I purchased on my trip that I've been just dying to play with!!         Soon....** sigh***
 
 
I managed to spare a few  moments to play along with the current card sketch over at Cardabilities. Here is the latest sketch:
 
 
 
 
 
And here is my interpretation of this sketch........
 
 
I started off with a kraft cardstock base and then a chocolate brown cs layer. My patterned paper is from Basic Grey called Paper Cottage,which I distressed and inked. I used a chicken wire stencil (The Crafter'sWorkshop) and some gold embossing paste ( Dreamweaver Stencils;Studio 490).... I love the texture of this paste. For a bit more color, I splattered inks from Ranger's  Dylusions line in yellow and gold. The journaling block( distressed and inked) and flower are from Prima and the sentiment is rom C.C. Designs. I adhered a scarp of burlap , just because !!! A few Doodlebug Designs sequins and my card is finished!
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today.... have a wonderful creative day!!!
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Very nice interpretation of the map! Thanks a lot for playing along with us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete