Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Getting caught up on scrapbooking ... afew 12X12 layouts

Hi all!! This post is dedicated to my long overdue task of scrapbooking. While I don't scrap chronologically, I am trying to get caught up on all my last years' pages .....the pics just keep sitting there on my desk waiting to be transformed into memory pages. So , I put away my stamps and got down to work and here's what I have done and ready for their albums so far..........

 
 
This layout really uses a lot of my stash from flowers to papers and even a wooden key. The  word cherish was an old Heidi Swapp stamp I bought a very long time ago and I am just now taking it out of the package!! The damask is from a cheap-o stencil ( have no clue when and where I got it!!!!) that I misted with Glimmer Mist. I used a darker blue Glimmer Mist to add splashes of color throughout the pages. There's some stamping, inking, misting ,distressing,and even sewing on this page. It took awhile to get all the elements together and laid out , but  I think the result was worth it!
 
Here's a close up of some the details... oh yeah, I almost forgot, I made a custom stencil ( large polka dots)with my Silhouette and used it to add texture to the sides with Dreamweaver Embossing paste.
 
 
 
 
 
 
MY next layout was much simpler... a cutfile from Silhouette and a bit of colored cardstock to make the words pop. A few embellishments and this page is done!!!
 







I played around with my inks and stamps for this layout. Lots of layering here with shades of blue, brown and orange. Most of the stamps used here are from Close To My Heart.




 
 
 
 
 
Finally , here's my shabby chic inspired layout. This page is just layers of ink, stamps and a bit of texture paste for the chevron on the sides. Another neglected Heidi Swapp stamp , a crochet flower, some ephemera from K&Co , some vintage lace trim and the page is complete.
 
 
 
 
 
Here's a close up of the chevron stencil I used( Crafters Workshop brand) . I used texture paste which has a slight sheen to it and adds just a lovely amount of texture to the page and since it's white , it doesn't take away from the focal point, which is this so sweet photo my  godchild.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Well, that's 4 pages down .... just hundreds more to go!!!!! lol

Thanks for stopping by my blog today... I hope the rest of your day is fabulous and creative!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment