Saturday, January 18, 2014

Family mini album

Hi, and happy Saturday! Hope you're having a great start to your weekend. Today I wanted to share a special mini album I made for a very dear friend of mine. Since I moved here I don't get to see her near as much as I would like , but the times we do get together are special. I am honored to be the godmother to both of her precious girls. Recently, Natasha and her family had their family pics taken and she was so kind as to send me a copy of them and since she's so busy working full time and being a mommy to two little girls , I really wanted to do something special for her. This is what I made to send out to her....

 
I started off with this great wooden mini album from Heidi Swapp which I spritzed with some Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I kept the cover simple as I know Tash doesn't like things too blingy , so I just stamped the date , added a mini banner ( courtesy of CTMH products) and spelled their name out with Thickers letters, added a couple of buttons and a crochet heart and that's it!You can't see the stamped letters in this pic but they do look quite lovely in RL.
 


Again, I grabbed more CTMH stamps , my Cricut and Artiste cartridge and these two pages were done in a snap. All the elements were kept to a very simple color palette of grey and yellow with a few splashes of color here and there. I really wanted to let the photos remain the focal point of each page.


 
I love, love this photo of the girls!!!
 

 
I dedicated a page each to each girl, keeping the embellishments simple and girlie.



 
Here are the proud parents.
 
 
 

 
I created a few pages where Tash can add some journaling. The kitty was made using my Cindy Loo cartridge.

 
 
 And the last page has a pocket for more journaling and extra pics, etc. There a few more pages that I added more family pics .
 
Products used for this project are:
Cardstock, stamps,ink sentiment sticker on last page - Close To My Heart
patterned papers - My Minds Eye
Diecuts -Cricut and Artiste & Cindy Loo cartridges
Alphabet stickers - Thickers by American Crafts
Crochet hearts and mini flags- Bella Blvd
Chipboard elements-Basic Grey
Album and glitter bow paperclips- Heidi Swapp
Vintage fabric stickers-Websters Pages
hemp twine-Walmart
glimmer mist ink-Tattered Angels
 
This album is gonna be a surprise gift - I'm so excited to give it to her!!!!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today---- have a great rest of your day & weekend, too!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment