Monday, December 30, 2013

Hello there!!!

Hello ! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! It's been a while since I sat down to write a few words for my blog.... Christmas was a fun filled ( and a bit crazy at times) couple of weeks. I actually had to drag myself into my craft room and start cleaning up from all the pre-Christmas creating frenzy!!! Oh what a mess!!! I had everything from papercraft projects to gift wrapping and  wreath making stuff and even sewing notions all over my room!!! Oh how I wish I had a cleaning genie to take care of it but nope, my mess = me spending a whole evening cleaning!! It's somewhat normal now so I can sit down at my desk and actually make something. Actually, I got inspired to create when I started finding some great stuff all hidden away... take a look:


 
 
With the exception of the card base, this card was made entirely with odds and ends I found during my epic cleaning event! The striped paper has a lovely glittery feel to it without being overbearing and at some point I embossed the sentiment from CTMH .The snowflake was made with my Art Philosophy cartridge ( and Cricut, of course).The stamped image is from Impression Obsession. I bought this one about two years ago and although I love it , I haven't used it much. I love the lovely t sled scene - it reminds me of the sled my grandfather made that we used to play with. I think this would make a lovely thank you card or even a winter birthday card .
 
I also used more scraps to make this simple Pinterest inspired card:
 
 


Everything for this card came out of my piles of stuff that was threatening to take over. The label is a Waltzingmouse stamp and the greeting is a Fiskars stamp. The rest is leftovers ( just as yummy as turkey but less stuffing!!)
 
Thanks for stopping by today ..... Happy New Year!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment