Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Traditional Chistmas card

Good morning!! Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the current challenge over at Jingle Belles "Holiday Traditions". There are so many amazing cards already up and I love to read the traditions that they have shared with us. My tradition each year is that after Christmas Eve mass the kids get to open one gift which is always a brand new pair of Christmas pj's. A couple of years ago my kids surprised me with my very own pair of new pj's on Christmas eve!! There's nothing like cozying up next to tree watching the twinkling lights in a brand new pair of comfy pajamas.

Well my card does not have pj's on it but it does have another traditional element that I'm sure many of us do each year .... we always put a wreath on our front door.


 
I made this  card shape using a cutfile and my Silhouette . The sentiment mat and bow were also made on my Silhouette. CTMH has several beautiful Christmas stamp sets out right now but I love this one ( Merry & Bright) in particular for it's gorgeous font on the greetings and the wreath is clean and simple. I SU! papers and button and CTMH cardstock ( which cuts like a dream on my machines!!).
 
That's my card for this week's challenge.... thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of your day!!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely wreath ... and such an awesome big bold bow ... so glad you shared your holiday tradition with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that wreath AND the gorgeous bow AND those thin little red and green mats that totally make everything just POP! also love hearing about your PJ's tradition... how cool that your kids added their own twist to that, as well! always happy to see you and your gorgeous cards at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete