Monday, November 18, 2013

Suburbia birthday

Good morning!!  Do you have crafting supplies or tools that you just had to have only to have them collect dust?? I'm guilty of this ... especially when it comes to my Cricut. I have a few go-to cartridges and the others are generally just sitting looking all pretty on my shelf! Thanks to all those fantastic pinners out there , I'm finding loads of inspiration for my poorly neglected cartridges like the Suburbia cartridge which I HAD to have ..... last year!!!  This cartridge has some really cool retro images ( which is probably the reason I got in the first place!!!) and once I started playing around with them, I found my creative mojo !!! Here's one card I made.....



 
I cut 'Carol' ( they've given all the images names!!) at 4.5" using CTMH Hollyhock for the collar and black for the body. I made a label using Elegant Edges ( I'm on a roll- grabbing my cartridges!!!) - I think it was cut at 1.5 or 2 inches with a coordinating mat. The sentiment is a CTMH stamp from the set  called All The Details inked in Sorbet .The floral paper is from the scraps bin and cute lil' crochet flower is a Michaels purchase with a small SU! pearl for the center ( same pearls for dress).
 
 
 
 
 
Here's a look at the inside....
 
 
I stamped a greeting from CTMH Just A Number  stamp set, also in Sorbet.
 
 I have an aunt who will be celebrating a special b-day soon , so this will be perfect for her and since it doesn't have many bulky layers , it should mail nicely!!
 
I have a few more projects made with cartridge ready to be edited and posted soon!!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!! Have a great Monday!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment