Friday, September 27, 2013

Wedding card

Hi all! I was asked to make a card for a friend who's attending a wedding this weekend . I don't make a lot of these type cards so I tend to think and think and think about what I'm going to make and I usually end up changing my mind several times. This time was no different. I started out with a cutfile from Bird's Cards  ( I believe this one is called a Swirl Frame) , but that was the only thing I stuck with!! Here , take a look.....


 
 
 
I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.... should've used my Silhouette in the beginning! I used it to create a custom Mr& Mrs , which I sketched with a silver Silhouette gel pen and then cut out.... so simple , yet elegant. For  a little bling and color , I added a red rhinestone heart. The cardstock is  American Crafts and the damask dp is a MME paper stack.
 
 
 
Here's a better look a the sentiment.

 
The pin and ribbon are from my stash of goodies that I keep on adding to!!
 
 
 
 
Here's a look at the inside......
 
 
 
 
I liked the touch of red so much that I repeated
it with a red stamp beneath the greeting. Both sets are from Stampin' Up! :I { heart}Hearts and Occasional Quotes in CTMH archival black ink. I made the envelope since  I couldn't seem to find one the right size.
 
I got this card finished just in time.....the wedding is tomorrow!!
Thanks for stopping by today... have a great weekend!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment