Sunday, March 17, 2013

In Gear boy's birthday

Good morning! Happy St. Paddy's day! Did you remember to wear green?? Luckily, on my trip to Ireland last year I got a lovely green Belfast tee and fun Irish socks, so  I'm all ready!!!
This card has no green in it , but it's my nephew's bday tomorrow;  I still can't believe he'll be double digits- it only seems like yesterday he was born. I used this cool set from Close To My Heart called In Gear for his card.... take a look:



 
 
 
I saw a similar card on Wizard's Hangout blog ( this lady has lots of yummy eye candy so check her out!!! ) . I wanted to make it my own so I played around with mySilhouette to get his t-shirt , which is about 2.5 X2.25 inches . I stamped iages from the In Gear set to get this cool funky shirt. The papers are DCWV ( The Generation Tech stack) and the gear behind the tee was cut with my Cricut using the Artiste cartridge. I stamped Happy Birthday ( a Fiskars stamp set) in CTMH black.
 
Here's the inside:
 
 
Once again, I used my Silhouette to make the pocket... not hard at all! I used more of the In Gear stamps for the background and another Fiskars stamp for the bday greeting.
 I really need to make more older boy/teen cards- they have all outgrown the cutesy animal cards!!!
 
Hope you've enjoyed my card today! Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment