Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hello Friend card

Hey everyone! I have several challenge blogs that I like to play along with when I get the chance and then I have quite a few blogs that I want to play along with but never seem to make the deadline. One of those blogs is the Play Date Cafe .... they have wonderful challnges and there is certainly no shortage of inspiration from the DT! I'm happy to say that I did manage to get my card done in time for this challenge ( with only hours to spare!!!!) .


Here's the latest challenge from The Play Date Cafe:




Tangerine . . . Apricot . . . Mint


Aren't those colors gorgeous and so spring-y,too!!! I have several mini paper pads with some of those colors and I had a lot fun playing with them to get this;

 
The jar is actually cut from a 12X12 piece - I stamped Hello Friend and then masked the label and jar lid so I could stamp stems from CTMH's older set Treasure Life in Sweet Leaf ink, which is pretty close to mint. I stamped the tops of the flowers in Sorbet and then handcut them out and added some Tattered Angels Glam for a little bit of sparkle . It smudged the ink a bit ,which makes these flowers look watercolored-  an added bonus!! I only glued the edges of them so that they would look raised. The monarch border is from My Favorite Things and the papers are AC assorted collections. This card only has paper , no embellishments, so it will be one of the few cards I've made that will be easy to mail.
 
That's my card for today- hope you've enjoyed it!
Thanks for visiting my blog ----- have a great day!
 






1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! So happy you made the challenge deadline :-). And I hope you join us again this week! Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe!

    ReplyDelete