Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Welcome Winter" scrappage and Friday Mashup #90

Hi all! I've been stuck inside these past few days due to stormy weather , so I took advantage of it and played around with my Silhouette for a winter scrap layout. I love the first real snowfall of winter, when everything is so soft and fluffy looking, but then reality sets in and I realize that I truly dislike winter driving!!! How many months 'till spring???? :-)


 
I created the title by downloading a free font from the web and then importing it to my Silhouette cutter.... pretty simple!!! This machine does fine detail cutting beautifully!! I tried the SCAL program with my Cricut , but I could never get intricate cuts , without tearing!!! I still love my Cricut ... I used it to cut all the snowflakes , out of variuos cartridges. I made them different sizes and then welded them together , using my Gypsy.
 
 
 
 
Here's a closeup of some of the cuts. The snowflakes are cut out of glittery paper that matches very closely to SU Pool Party. The background is black and the photo is matted on a dark blue , which is close to another SU color,Midnight Muse. All of these colors are in this week's Friday Mashup challenge:


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using "Snowflakes".
  2. Or Make a project with the colors "Whisper White, Pool Party, Midnight Muse, and Basic Black".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Snowflake Project with the colors Whisper White, Pool Party, Midnight Muse, and Basic Black".
 
So that's my Mashup challenge .... hope you've enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
 
Have a great day!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout! We've only had one big snow storm this winter, and today we hit 40*. Thats just wrong for Alaska at the end of December! :(

    Have fun playing with your new toy, and thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a absolutely gorgeous scrapbook page! I love all your sparkly snowflakes! I love to look at the snow too, but ideally dislike shoveling it or driving in it. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snowflakes look fantastic as an accompaniment to your photo! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete