Saturday, November 17, 2012

Vintage Christmas cards

Hello! I have a couple of vintage style Christmas cards to share with you today. I bought these  postcards at a local store and although they were probably meant to be gift tags , I thought I could put them to better use! Here's my cards that I made from the postcards .....

 
 
I got several packages of these for just 50 cents each! They are so beautiful- I really love the old fashion Santa images . Because the postcards have such gorgeous detail, I didn't add much to to the card front- just some ribbon, a stickpin and a button.
 
 
 
I used two postcards for this card ... just used the reverse for the bottom layer.
 
 
I love the sentiments in CTMH's card chatter- Christmas Holidays. They really remind of the true meaning of this holy season. The holly border is from SU's Christmas Blessings, which was stamped in Juniper to match the cardstock mat. The cardbase is SU Cherry Cobbler.
 
 
 
 
I think this is one of my favorite images in the whole group! I thought of adding some glimmer or stickles but I kinda liked it the way it is- oldfashioned!! A little Cherry Cobbler ribbon and a stickpin is all s needs I think.
 
 
 
Another sentiment from the Christmas card 
 chatter set (inked in Cherry Cobbler).
 
I think these images would be lovely on a scrappage ....what do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today... have a great weekend!!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment