Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday leftovers .... the paper kind!

Hi all! The Christmas season usually means lots of yummy food and leftovers , AFTER Christmas! But what about all of those crafting leftovers??? I usually host Christmas stamp-a-stacks in November and I always seem to have leftovers that tend to drag around and eventually get pushed to one side of my workspace. This year I was determined to use those scraps and not to duplicate the same projects I've made for classes, either!!  This year I cut out way too many snowmen , but since they were made with my Cricut Imagine , I didn't want to waste them! So I made a few other cards instead.....


 Here is the Imagine cartridge I used.....



This has so many great images and the best part is they are are all ready to print and cut!! I loved the little snowman , so I printed/cut  a full sheet of these  guys at 3inches ( I got about 15 to a 12X12 sheet).

I originally used them to make this card......

 
I love the turquoise and purple tones together .... so very non-traditional and fun!!! This was a pretty simple card as the ladies were making multiples.
 
I wanted to add a bit more detail for mine....
 
 
So I pulled out and dusted off my Gypsy for this one!!! I searched through my files and gathered an assortment of snowflakes and a greeting , which is from Joys of the Season , and welded them together!  How cool is that when we can make out own custom dies!!! My sewing is kinda  wavy like snow banks, so let's pretend that's excactly how it was supposed to turn out!!! LOL My Imagine snowman stands out against this snowy background!
 
Of course I have leftover papers too, that needed to get used , so I made some more cards ( not sure what I'm gonna do with 'em all!!!).
 
 
 
That's my leftover cards ( I don't feel guilty indulging in these leftovers!!!!) .... hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment