Monday, September 24, 2012

Thinking of you card : Friday Mashup challenge #77

Happy Monday! This weekend   rained and rained and... well, you get the picture! The kids were stuck inside and when Monday morning rolled around I was happy to send them off to school!! All that rain gave me an excuse to stay inside and check out some challenge blogs. This week the DT at Friday Mashup gave us a prompt about those warm days of fall.....


Photo Source

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:

  1. Make a "Indian Summer" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with any three colors from "Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Indian Summer Themed project with the color combo".
 
 
What a great photo for inspiration! I loved all those colors in the trees  so I used a "fall" tree
for my card. Here's what I made for this chalenge....
 
 
 
 
 
The Branch Out set from Stampin' Up! makes the perfect fall card ... or any season since it has leaves ( which can be spring or fall) and snowflakes,too!  I used  Momento ink ( Cantaloupe) and CTMH ink (Sunset) for my leaves . The dp is from SU and I think it just may have all the colors for the Mashup in it! The sentiment is from  a Gina K stamp set called All Occasions Tags ... the tag stamp is from that set, too. I cut the scallop circles ( Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso)  with my Cricut and Elegant Edges cartridge at 3 1/4 iches. The woodgrain embossing was made with a Tim Holtz folder.The cardbase was made with my Cricut ( Art Philosophy).
 
So there's my Mashup card... hope you've enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that tree image! And a perfect choice for the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete