Friday, July 27, 2012

Beach card and my Copic Coloring steps.

Hello! I'm  back to share with you a card I recently made using a digi stamp from Shelly's Images. I fell in love with this beach scene , but I was a little intimidated by the amount of coloring it required.I have no training with Copics , so it's alot of trial and error when it comes to my coloring techniques!!I originally owned just a few markers in the basic colors--- talk about a challenge trying to color with only a few shades!! But my collection has  over 120! Now coloring is fun, and easier!! I still have lots to learn, though!

I started with this  basic  digi image, printed on SU white cardstock and left overnight so the ink wouldn't smudge......





I then got out my Copics and started......




Now that wasn't so bad, so I then colored the ocean .......




A few more shades of blue and some pinks for the sky and sunset, and some grey for the fence....





Now it's starting to look pretty good!!!!
Now, on to the trees and grass- lots of shades of green here!





Now onto the bricks... lots of browns used here...




And finally, the rocks need to be shaded with greys......




Now the image is colored, I need to just to decorate a card and it's finished!!!!!!




I  love the papers in Fancy Pant's Summer's End line.... they are perfect for summer scrappages or for a summer "chillin" card like this one! The stamp and wooden seashell are CTMH products.

It takes awhile to color an image as detailed as this but the end result is so worth it!


Anyhoo... thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog today! Have a great day!!












No comments:

Post a Comment