Thursday, June 7, 2012

Graduation Cards : CWC # 89

Hi all! It's that time of year again when the days are long and the kids don't want to come in early on a school night! Thankfully,we have just two weeks left of school and then it's summer break!! Yay! Two months of some R'n'R!! We could all use a little of that!!! I'm busy trying to finish up my son's teacher's gift, but I did finish a few grad cards.




I originally made the black card - lots of playing around with my Cricut carts! I used the grad cap card from Wild Card cut at 8.5 ". I then handcut the hat layer. This card opens up from the top, so the top layer overlaps to hide the fold.


 

I wanted the slide up when the card was opened, so I created a slit in the card base , but then I had to cover the back of the card to hide the opening!! Yikes, this is turning out to be a lot of steps- not exactly the best idea when making multiples!!! So I simplified the card to this.....


It still looks pretty much the same on the outside ( these are our school colors) . It's just the inside that's different....

It opens to the side now, which meant I had to trace the original and create a template. I tried my Gypsy but I had no luck , so out came my trusty ole' Exacto knife ! Not hard , really and now I have a template for future cards! The sentiment doesn't slide up, thus eliminating the need for a  bottom layer.( Less work = more fun!!!)  The sentiment is from SU! Word Play and is stamped on a mini notepaper I created using my Cricut Imagine ( once I dusted it off- it has not seen much use lately!!) . I found the notepaper image on my Simply Charmed cart and I filled it in with a< lined paper> image ( does that make sense??) from my new Imagine cart, Notebook Doodles.
 I have several of these to make , so the template will come in handy!!

Now that these are finished, I'm gonna submit them over at Cooking With Cricut for their challenge #89- Graduation/ end of school year. Go check them out!!!

 Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. Super card design. Thanks for sharing with us this week at CWC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!
    Thanks for playing with us at CWC this week!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete