Thursday, May 10, 2012

Welcome Baby card

Hello! A friend of mine asked me to make her a card welcoming her first grandchild , arriving any day now! After searching through all my stamps I realized I had no baby images , just sentiments!  Can you believe that- I have over a hundred stamp sets from various sources and  still not a single baby image!!! So I searched through a few digi sites till I found the one I wanted from Squigglefly. The stork and baby set is perfect for boy or girl, but luckily I know that my friend's daughter is gonna have a sweet baby boy soon! 




I kept this card very CAS , since the background dp ( just one sheet with all those awesome-y patterns) was quite busy. The dp is leftover from a Simply Scrappin' set I had tucked away for just the right moment. I colored the stork and baby image with my Copics and added a cute sentiment from SU! 's hostess set , Something to Celebrate. I used the same dp to finish up the inside of this card.
I must admit  I was a bit worried at first, I am super pleased with how it turned out!!! Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today....have a great day !





No comments:

Post a Comment