Thursday, February 23, 2012

Flourish stamps : Easter card / stamping on canvas

 Hello! I purchased some mini canvas shapes ( Canvas Corp) awhile ago but I was really not too sure what I wanted to do with them, except maybe for a scrap layout. But then while browsing the web I found some beautifulstamped papercraft artwork that was  made using stamped/ colored canvas. I tried my hand at this technique and while mine didn't turn out as stunning as some of the ones I 've found, I'm still happy with the results!!




For this project I stamped the lilly from Flourish's Lily Of Hope stamp set
 on the mini canvas rectangle. This shape is already stitched , making it perfect for shading in with your Copic or watercolor pencils. I used both- I colored and blended the flower using SU watercolor pencils in various shades of yellow for flower and greens for the stems and leaves. It was so easy!! I then shaded around the flower with a pale shade of blue ( B000) Copic marker, using the stitched area as my boundary. Again, the color went on soooo nicely!!!



I intentionally left gaps while coloring for a softer effect. I added pearls to the center and sertamped a sentiment , also from the same set , on the bottom corner . I made my own decorative stickpin , which I put through the organdy bow. I used a small glue dot to secure the pin to the card. The scallop circle was made with a Spellbinders die . The circle and cardbase are SU's Early espresso cardstock and the shimmery muted plaid paper is from My Mind's Eye " Laundry Line" collection.

I'm glad I have more canvas shapes to play with!!!!
Thanks for stopping by today.... have a great crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment