Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quick and Simple birthday card!!

Good evening! As you can probably tell , my post today is all about quick and simple! I love spending time in my craftroom planning a card that has lots of elements to it , but there's something to be said about making something cute , really fast!!!  I discovered a pretty cool product that takes my Cricut to another level; they're called Cri-Kits and they are tiny little pens in a beautiful assortment of colors , that replace my blade and draw instead of cutting! I already have markers from ProvoCraft but they are thick and bulky- no delicate drawings! They barely get used unless I'm looking to outline an image, which isn't vey often.

But just look at how simple I made this card..........

I just cut  the scalloped square shape for the card base and then used my Cri-Kits mini pen to draw the sentiment ( rather than cut it out) from the Wild Card cartridge.The best thing about these pens is that they go on so smoothly and dry super fast , so no smudging or sketchy drawing!!! YAY!
I already had the cupcake colored and ready to use, so this was sooooo fast and easy to make!!! A little bit of Calypso ruffled ribbon and it's done!!!!

 The pens come a variety of colors and styles( metallic, pastel,neon,etc) and you just simply switch out the cutting blade for this pen holder and then you let your imagination go wild!!!!!!

Anyhoo... that's another card to add to my card stash!!!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment