Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pals Paper Arts color challenge : "Just For You" card

Happy Saturday! Winter was off to a late start here in NL but now it looks like the snow is here to stay , for awhile anyway! It's been snowing steady for the past few days and my little boy is sooooo excited!! He can play outside all day building snowforts and digging in the snow with his trucks. I'm taking advantage of this chilly weather to stay inside and catch up on my scrapbooking and maybe even participate in a blog challenge or two! On of my favs is the Pals Paper Arts  site where they post every second week a sketch/color challenge. This week is a color challenge...


Once again I played around with my Edgelits dies for my card....



The colors for this week's challenge are Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla , which got me thinking of a vintage style card.  I used the stamp set , Fresh Vintage from SAB for the background and the border on the outside edge as well as for the inside . For the sentiment, a greeting from Tagtastic inked in Not Quite Navy( mounted on Very Vanilla on designer frames folder).  The embossed border ( left side) was made with a non-SU embossing folder.A strip of crochet trim and Baja Breeze seam binding gives this card soft texture and a pearl stick pin  through the bow completes this vintage look.
 The card measures 5 1/4 by 5 1/4 inches, just the right size for a SU medium square envelope.

Thanks for stopping by my blog..... have a great rest of your day!

Candy

3 comments:

  1. The edge and your lace make this card a beauty! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love how you used the edgelit and the lace dresses it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty--you've got the colors down perfectly!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete