Monday, January 23, 2012

Jingle Belles: Sketching Through The Snow

Happy Monday everybody! This is the last week to get your cards linked up to Jingle Belles Sketching Through The Snow! I love that we have two weeks to complete a challenge , but I tend to procrastinate, so I'm only now just getting mine posted!
This week Kirsty Vittetoe ( check out her great blog for tons of ideas!) has provided us with an awesome sketch to work with.....
Here's what I came up with this week......


I used products I got during those awesome after-Christmas sales.... the stamp set is from Michaels, as is the sentiment stamp. I colored the star in Copic Y28, the hay in YR15,YR23,YR19,the baby in E000 and B0000 for the blanket and E71 and E29  for the wood base. The letters on sentiment were also done in Y28 and the dove in N0. I added a little stickles around the blanket  and for the stars on the banner. The embossed snowflake background was made with a Sizzix folder. The whole card base is a burnished gold cardstock from DCWV and the patterned paper is called "Herald Angels' from Moxie and finally, the ruffled edge is retired SU waffle paper. The card measures 5X5 inches.

Well, that's my card for this challenge.... thanks for stopping by !!
Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I love that waffle paper edge ... and those embossed snowflakes are the perfect background ... so glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i loooooooooooooooove that fabulous "waffle paper" a bit sad that it's retired before i even knew it existed! you've used it brilliantly, here, as well... what a great interpretation of kirsty's sketch and just an all-round lovely card! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete