Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Shaped card

Hello! So glad you stopped by my blog today!! Today is the perfect day to stay all cozy and warm inside. I pulled out my Cricut and Art Philosophy cartridge to try a few shaped  cards. There are so many great features on this cartridge and I love that CTMH has coordinating stamps to go with it!

Here's a card I made for a special lady who just turned 75!



I use the card feature for at 5.5 inches. I found to get the inside mat to fit the card base I had to turn the Real Dial on and then cut the patterned paper( retired Cottage Wall dsp) at 5.25 inches .... it fits perfectly!  I cut the roses at various sizes in Very Vanilla and Purely Pomegranate. To give the flowers more texture I inked up the edges and curled the petals. The hot glue gun comes in handy  for these flowers and for adhering to the card.
 I used a sentiment from Small Sayings ( a retired SU set) which fits nicely on the word window/ modern label punch. The metal bookplate is from SU Hodgepodge hardware, I have several of these sets but they hardly ever get used. During my blog browsing I saw them being used like this and I had to incorporate it on my card! Now I may just use them all! :-) The bling is part of a larger flourish . The leaves a Sizzlit die from SU.
 Anyhoo... that's my card for today! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment