Thursday, October 13, 2011

SCS Sketch Challenge 353: Christmas Greetings

Good morning! Do you sketch?.....
A fellow scrapbooker introduced me to SplitCoastStampers over 6 years ago and I'm still discovering new things on this amazing site!!! Usually, I browse the company galleries or the weekly technique tutorial section , but recently I started to browse another section; the Sketch Challenge Gallery . What a great place to get your creative mojo going.... a fabulous selection of sketches to play with and loads and loads of inspiration! I used this sketch for my card....


Here's what I made......


I used leftover scraps of the holly leaf paper for the cardbase, well actually the whole card is made with leftovers! The crochet and striped ribbon are bits I had lying around form earlier projects and the label and white mat were cut from my odds'ends of cardstock . I keep my cradstock sorted by color in ziplock bags for easy access ( and clears up my workspace, too!!).the cradinal was stamped in Riding Hood Red to match the label and sentiment and I also stamped the holly leaves in Mellow Moss and cut them out and adhered them to the branch.
There are so many cool sketches  at SCS to have fun with.... go check them out!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!


1 comment: