Monday, October 3, 2011

Jingle Belles 40 : PEACE on Earth snowangel card

Good day everyone! It is such a gorgeous fall day here, lots of sun and very warm outside. This lovely weather makes it  hard to think about snow and even Christmas , but we are just a few short months away from this festive season. Thankfully, the belles at Jingle Belles  have another great prompt to get us in the festive cardmaking spirit. This week's prompt is called PEACE on Earth and we are invited to incorporate the word Peace , or a symbol or an image that invokes the image of peace for our cards.  Right away I pulled out my cute little angel snowman ( really, what says peace more than a snowangel??? ) stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs , but then I was stuck!! UGH!  You see , this little guy is just a small stamp and doesn't really coordinate with my other stamps I have and even most of my papers!Ah, but  my Cricut Imagine rescued me! I can now make my own patterned paper ( how cool is that!!!!) , so now I just needed to find the right combo..... here's what I used.....



Wild Card... an oldie but still awesome, paired with..........

My lovely new Snow Angel Imagine cartridge!

And  the end result  is my Jingle Belles card......



I used the card feature ( the circle is cut out)  on Wild Card and then "colored" it with this beautiful snowflake pattern from Snow Angels and then cut the whole thing out! Pretty easy,huh! I added a red circle to the front for a touch of color . The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is stamped on a Fancy Tag from Spellbinders. The ink is Riding Hood Red (SU) and the shading on the tag was done in Baja Breeze ( SU) , the mini pearls are a $-store find.
 
  You can see how I popped up the little snowangel on a piece of transparency, and i added glitter to the snnowflakes on the card front, as well as to the wings. the angel wings, nose and star were colored using my chaulks and a blending pen. the sentiment I originally intended to use ( Peace on Earth) wouldn't fit on this tag, so I went with Joy To The World  instead.
 So that's another card to add to my stack of Christmas cards !  Have you seen the other entries over at Jingle Belles....they're worth taking a look at!!! 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today...... have a great one!!!!


2 comments:

  1. great card. the snowangel is really cute and the glitter you've added is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red circle really makes it all pop ... and I love that pretty little snow angel ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete