Monday, September 5, 2011

Jingle Belles 36 : Love's Labor Day Lost

Happy Monday! Hope everyone is enjoying a holiday ... the last one of summer ! It's hard to beleive that summer is over ... the kids go back to school this week and it seems like Christmas is just around the corner!!!! This week at Jingle Belles, Stef and Lauren are inviting us to CASE  a past JB entry.....it could be one of theirs , a Belle's  submission or even your own!!  Sounds like fun, doesn't it!!! I spent so much time browsing through many of the great submissions and  I am so impressed and amazed by all those talented crafters!!!! Still, I had to find just one creation that I would CASE, boy, was that difficult!!! I selected Leslie's beanie giftcard holder for mine - I  just love the felt trim and those cute buttons,so adorable!



You can check out all the details, including a link to a SplitcoastStampers tutorial, on her card here.


 Here's my version of Leslie's beanie giftcard holder....

I didn't have felt for the trim so I used my swissdot embossing folder instead and for a little bling I used red glitter cardstock for the hat and a green glitter brad for the pompom.
 I think this has to be one of my favorite challenges so far!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!! Have a great day!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Awww! GREAT one to CASE and I LOVE your glitzy beanie, the texture on the brim is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh! miss candy! i ♥LOVED♥ this idea when leslie did it and i loooooove it again right now! what a cool version you have done, i love the embossed hatband and that FABULOUS sparkly paper! brilliant... in EVERY sense! :)

    ps: this was one of my favorite prompts of the year, too... so much fun to try on someone else's style/fabulous ideas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great choice to CASE! the original is super cute and your bling version is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I've been CASED!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I looooove the sparkle of the red paper! SQUEEEE! <3

    Oh, and wasn't it fun to make, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your glittery touch ... and the embossing was a great way to give it texture ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy, your CASE rocks! I love your glittery gc holder. This is a super sweet project. And you CASEd the lovely Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YES! I love your version as much as I loved Leslie's! One of these days I will try it! :)

    ReplyDelete