Saturday, May 14, 2011

A few quick and simple cards.

Happy Saturday stamping  friends!!! I thought I'd share with you a few cards I've made recently . Nothing too fancy here !! Hope you enjoy!

This wreath stamp is from a rubbercling stamp from Hero Arts. I stamped it in Always Artichoke , Glimmer Misted it in Beer Wheat and then cut it out. The flower is from Michaels" Recollections" collection and reminds me of Prima flowers. The sentiment is from Stampin' UP!, and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler. The crad base is kraft and is also Glimmer Misted.


Talk about keeping things clean and simple!!! Lately a lot of my cards have been loaded with tons of layers , papers and emebllishments , but not this one! In some ways, this was more challenging to make! I know , weird , huh??? But selecting just a few simple elements that work perfectly together required more searching through my stash of papers and stamps to find the right combo.


I made this card from a sketch provided by Create With Connie And Mary.I'm probably too late in posting for that particular challenge , so I'll post it here! I haven't tried the combo of Blue Bayou and Baja Breeze together before, but the new DSP really shows these colors well together .I folded the seam binding in half before adhering it to the card and then added a double bow. The Vintage Vogue stamp set is one of my favs and I really need to pull it out more often .

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!! See you next time!


2 comments: