Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cindy Loo Cricut Cartridge: Thank You Card

Hi again!! I'm back for another post! After I made my Mojo Monday card I looked at the creative mess on my desk and though I really should clean this up or...... I could make another card instead!!! That sounds like a lot more fun to me!!! If Paisley Prints DP ( SU sneek peak ) is any indication of Stampin' Up!'s new paper line, then I can see me buying tons of new paper very soon!! My paper pile just seems to be getting bigger and bigger.... !!! I love the color combinations of this line.... it works with such a great variety of my current favourite inks. I even pulled out some long since retired cardstock, Buckarro Blue, and it matched quite nicely,too!
For this card , I wanted to make a special thankyou card for my  sister-in-law and husband who have so graciously made room for us , each time we visiedt, not to mention all the other wonderful things she does for us!She loves to stamp  and just recently got her very own Cricut Expression,so I wanted to give her a unique card. I combined my stamps and my Cricut for this card.



The frame is made with the Cindy Loo cart . It's the Flower 1, using the frame setting, , cut at 2 3/4 ". I colored the rosettes ( really, it's the easiest thing to do , but kinda messy for me anyways!!) with SU markers and added a little Stickles to each flower for a little shine. The frame is cut out of Cajun Craze cs and the edges are inked with the same color ink. The inside is lightly sponged with Cajun Craze and the sentiment , from Close To My Heart, is also done to match. I really distressed the edges of the DP before I stitched it , and of course I inked it with Buckaroo Blue very lightly. It's matted on Buckaroo Blue , again inked the edges, and finally adhered to Cajun Craze cardbase. The seam binding is Baja Breeze , which I think complements the darker hues of the DP .



Here's a closer view of the rosettes with the Stickles added and the beutiful stickpin from Jenni Bowlin . Aren't they lovely??  I have a small package of them so I'll have to use them wisely!!!!! But I think that stickpins might just be my new favourite embellie!!! I bought several different kinds during my recent trip to The Paperie scrapbooking store last month!  I live over 8 hours away to the nearest craft store so each trip is very exciting.... I love seeing, in person, all the new products! My recent purchases( I must confess I had so much fun shopping while DH waited in the car for me!!!) will have to do until I can get there again ( sigh)!!

I feel so accomplished today, as I completed these two cards and a few more that had been just sitting on my workspace waiting to be finished!!!  Yay!!!

Now, I really should go and tidy up this mess!!! Have a great one and thanks for looking!!


Until next time, ......happy crafting!!!





1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I opted for cleaning up my craft room today...your way sounds better :)

    Great card; I like the cricut shape and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete