Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cricut Valentine : Indie Art & Mickey Font cartridges

Hi again! I'm back with my project for this weeks' Cricut Cardz  Challenge : make a  masculine Valentine card. Well, this one had me stumped as I don't have many cartridges that make masculine cards... I tend to buy those cutsey ones with lots of animals and flowers!!! Yikes, no good for this challenge! I even tried SCAL, but didn't like what I had on file. So, I made my own. I once again used my Gypsy and made a custom sized card with  the word "Love"  ( used Mickey Font cartridge) welded  to the side and just jazzed it up with some patterend paper from my current SU! DSP stash. I received the Indie Art cartridge free when I updated my Gypsy last fall. I used it to make the heart and I traced it out in black and cut it slightly bigger and distressed it a little . More Glimmer Mist ( I had it out anyways!!!) , a brad and some stitching and it's done! I'm not sure how masculine this is, but it's what I came up with!!!






Thanks for looking.!
Until next time........ happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, love the gypsy work!!! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 <3
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you added the LOVE to the edge of your card! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cathryn!! I use my Gypsy just about every time !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandee. So glad you liked it, I was trying something a little different for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining CCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you managed to design a guy card and really thought outside the box. So many times we might give up on a challenge because we don't think we have any appropriate cartridge. I always enjoy designs like yours that really require the thinking cap to go on. Thanks for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete